In 2017, targeting passive candidates will be a crucial aspect of overall recruitment strategy. Companies will face the challenge of landing talent, providing a great team experience for employees while compromising on value due to increasing salaries and total compensation packages (because of supply & demand, not necessarily because of caliber & skill level of talent).
Our data shows that average base salary ranges (not including benefits, perks, bonuses, stock/equity or other factors that might influence total compensation) for the most common positions are:
- Data Engineer:$110K-120K (mid) $130K-$160K (Sr)
- Data Scientist: $120K-$140K (mid) $150K-180K (Sr)
- Data Architect: $165K - $200K (Sr)
- QA Automation/SDET: $110K - $125K (mid) $125K - $160K (Sr)
- .Net Engineer: $90K - $110K (mid), $110K - $150K (Sr)
- Java Engineer: $110K - $125K (mid), $125K - $170K (Sr)
- Scala Engineer: $135K - $185K (Sr)
- DevOps Engineer: $110K - $125K (mid), $130K - $170K (Sr)
- Node.JS Engineer: $100K - $120K (mid), $120K - $150K (Sr)
- PHP Dev: $90K - $110K (mid), $110K - $140K (Sr)
- FE/Web Dev: $90K - $120K (mid), $125K - $180K (Sr)
- Product Manager: $90K - $120K (mid), $120 -150K (Sr)
- UX Designer: $80K - $110K (mid), $110K - $160K (Sr)
- Project Manager: $90K - $120K (mid), $120K - $140K (Sr)
- iOS Developer: $110K - $130K (mid), $130K - $170K (Sr)
- Android Developer: $120K - $180K (all levels)
As 2017 progresses, we anticipate that the most in demand skill-sets will include:
- RESTful API
- Go (Golang)
- JS Frameworks (React, Meteor, Angular, Ember, Backbone)
- Ruby on Rails
- Jenkins (CI/CD)
As forecasted, traditional Systems Engineers (Windows and Linux), Network Engineers, manual QA testers and PHP developers have fallen significantly in demand. Contrastingly, DevOps, QA Automation/SDETs and Engineers focused on Big Data and Machine learning/AI have spiked, and AWS and API experience have become a must have in most engineering team environments; We’ve also seen Business Analysts, and PM opportunities remain in high demand at enterprise level organizations, however that skillset is being integrated into the Product Manager/Engineer role, or Software Engineer in the SMB market. As SaaS platforms are starting to replace and run back-office functions, most engineering teams are targeting engineers with web application and scalability experience.
We're looking forward to a fantastic year, full of great partnerships, new technologies and fruitful collaboration.
Cheers to a Successful Year Ahead!